Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Aug 24, 2016

more observations from the USA (Chicago day 3)

more observations from the USA (Chicago):
* the Jewish community has grown tremendously. I can tell based on the tremendous increase in the number of shuls and kosher restaurants from when I grew up here.
* the parks have water fountains. and [at least some of them] work!
* I have no idea if the mayor is any good or not, but the streets are clean and it looks like at least the basics are done very well. A tree branch fell yesterday in front of the house. They called the city and within half an hour a truck was here to chop it up and remove it.
* no cars stopped on the side of the highway. not for davening mincha and not for bathroom breaks
* ran a recommended route today and saw a few runners and walkers, and a lot of bikers. the long red lights though can really kill your pace and rhythm.
* drove out of the city for some activities today. so many lakes. so much water.
* I left the Middle East and got a suntan in Chicago
* in Israel I am basically a news junkie Since I have been in the USA I have hardly checked the news at all. I have no idea what is going on, and dont really care. The little bit of news I have heard is all about Trump and Clinton

------------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...