Featured Post

Free The Hostages! Bring Them Home!

(this is a featured post and will stay at the top for the foreseeable future.. scroll down for new posts) -------------------------------...

Dec 11, 2017

Book Review: My Jerusalem Book

NOTE: I was not paid to review this book. It is an unbiased and objective review. If you have a book with Jewish or Israel related content and would like me to write a review, contact me for details of where to send me a review copy of the book.

Book Review: My Jerusalem Book, by Barbara Shaw
 

My Jerusalem Book, by Barbara Shaw, is a bit of an unusual book. I am not even sure what category it would be found in in the book store. Is it a tour guide book? A book about Israel, and specifically Jerusalem?

My Jerusalem Book is a book describing the places, sights and experiences available around Jerusalem, but it is not really a tour guiding book at the same time that it is.

Shaw describes Jerusalem by guiding the reader through the city and informing the reader of the different sites to visit, unique and cultural eateries to enjoy, different experiences available throughout the city and the different cultures that mesh together to make Jerusalem what it is. However, My Jerusalem Book is not a replacement for a tour guide. Shaw does not go into great detail of the long and complicated history of the city, or of any specific site.

Shaw's love for Jerusalem oozes out of the pages of the book. One can tell by going through it that the author wants to share her perspective of Jerusalem, and what she loves about it, with others.

My Jerusalem Book offers the reader a look at the hot spots in the city, places the author recommends to visit, restaurants she recommends to eat, and things to do, and each with a list as if it is also a personal notebook or diary in which you can log your visit to Jerusalem. You can check off items from her lists of recommendations and there are places for you to write your own entries in of things you did or places you went to. Shaw describes each site and cultural experience, albeit very briefly - just the basic background.

If you want to just wander around Jerusalem on your own and take in the city, My Jerusalem Book is a good starting point.

You can buy My Jerusalem Book on Amazon.com

NOTE: I was not paid to review this book. It is an unbiased and objective review. If you have a book with Jewish or Israel related content and would like me to write a review, contact me for details of where to send me a review copy of the book.


-----------------------------------------------------
Reach thousands of readers with your ad by advertising on Life in Israel
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...